Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Desire To Do Something More

“To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common–this is my symphony."
William Henry Channing
This is one of my most fave quotes!

I have been so discontented lately. I have blazed thru this house & given away almost half of everything. I just feel as though it's unessessary & excessive to have so many things. I am trying to scale down & although we already live a simple life, we want our children to be content with little & appreciate everything & not focus on what is not important but to truly appreciate the value of things & give them a foundation built on truth, compassion, kindness, generousity, peace, joy, contentment. I really feel as though God puts that restless spirit within me for a reason. I will never become complacent, cold or immune to pain, suffering or needs. I am changing, learning & growing all the time. I feel such a burden to pray for missionaries & support them. My heart bleeds for orphans, children abused or abandoned & unloved & unwanted. I just want to save the whole world one child at a time. I refuse to be discouraged because I am only one person. God gave me a heart of compassion to make a difference in His name for His glory. I am but a servant willing to be used by Him for something big or small. I await His call. Our hearts & home are open. We believe children are a gift, every single child is created on purpose & are here at this time in history to fulfill a destiny & purpose unique only to them. Children are our beautiful future. We are praying for God to use us together as a family to serve Him & be strong & commited to Him. He has answered us & we are overjoyed at what He has led us to do. We are adding more love & joy to our family (more on that in my next post).

As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen 1 Peter 10 +11

Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6:38
Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy. Proverbs 31: 8 + 9

Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth 1 John 3:18

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...