Sunday, December 7, 2008

Family Traditions and the truth about holidays

Just wondered what people's traditions are. I love that for every season there are differant art projects and baking projects. I love summer best of all, but I look forward to Christmas the most. It's an amazing time of year, sweet and reminiscent, preparing yet again to celebrate anew EVERY year the wonder of our Magestic King born in a humble way, a little one coming for the whole world. Mia asked me yesterday who Santa Claus is. So I told her about the first St Nick, the true story and told her we would go to the library to read about him. I love that she is so innocent and pure and has no idea what Halloween is or that it even exsists. Someone asked her in Target a couple months ago wht she would dress up as for Halloween and she looked at them funny? Then said to me" I just love dressing up, especially like a princess. " She disreguarded Halloween and commented on what she knows and loves, dressing up as a sweet little girl in her pretty dresses. She just knows Christmas is Jesus' birthday and that's the pure truth of it! We have many traditions for our family, some every single season, but I love this one we made up; instead of the cookies and milk for Santa thing, she makes Jesus something special, a birthday present, homemade with love and care and we put it under the tree. When she falls asleep the angels will come and take it to Jesus so He has it for His birthday. I love to read the story of His birth to them on Christmas Eve and every year it will become more real and personal as it pierces their hearts. I am very proud of my kids but as much as we listen to 91.1 and praise cds and read the Bible with them and try to be a good example with everything that goes in and comes out of our home and how we conduct ourselves, it is up to them as individuals to make that big decision. I pray every day from an early age they may desire and seek their Ultimate Creator. Write in the comment box, or share by posting one of your traditions in your blog! Blessings this CHRISTmas season! 17 days and counting!!!!!!.........

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...